Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Acquit of ( খালাস দেওয়া ) High court acquit him of the charge.
- Divide into ( বিভক্ত করা (অংশ) ) It was divided into several parts.
- Prompt in ( চটপটে (উত্তর) ) He is prompt in his answer.
- Fill with ( পরিপূর্ণ ) This tank is filled with water.
- Distinguish between ( প্রভেদ করা ) Distinguish between a phrase and a clause.
- Access to ( প্রবেশ অধিকার ) Public has no access to this area.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.
- Hard and fast ( বাঁধা ধরা ) There is no such hard and fast rule in this matter.
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.
- Bed of roses ( আরামদায়ক অবস্থা ) Life is not a bed of roses.
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.
- Book worm ( গ্রন্থকীট ) Don't be a book worm.