Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Charge with ( অভিযোগ করা (ত্রুটি) ) He was charged with theft.
- Sensitive to ( সংবেদনশীল ) She is sensitive to cold.
- Vexed for ( বিরক্ত (জিনিস) ) He is vexed with me for opposing him.
- Ignorant of ( অজ্ঞ ) He is ignorant of this rule.
- Bound for ( যাত্রার জন্য প্রস্তুত ) The ship is bound for England.
- Offended with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- the exact point ( কাঁটায়-কাঁটায় )
- In the mean time ( ইতিমধ্যে ) Lila will come here to-night. In the mean time you should get her room ready.
- Cats and dogs ( মূষল ধারে ) It was raining cats and dogs.
- live by ones wit ( কথা বেচে খাওয়া )