Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Divide among ( ভাগ করা (দুইয়ের অধিক) ) Divide the mangoes among the boys.
- Open at ( উন্মুক্ত করা বা খোলা ) Open at page 20 of English book.
- Anxious for ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is anxious for getting a job.
- Devoid of ( বর্জিত ) He is devoid of common sense.
- Hard of ( কম শোনা ) He is hard of hearing.
- Different from ( পৃথক ) This book is different from that.
- slap on the wrist ( মৃদু শাস্তি ) Although he broke the rules, he was only given a slap on the wrist
- loose cannon ( অপ্রত্যাশিত ) He is a bit of a loose cannon.
- Bosom friend ( অন্তরঙ্গ বন্ধু ) Rifat is my bosom friend.
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- Turn down ( প্রত্যাখান করা ) He turned down my proposal.