Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Offend against ( লঙ্গন করা ) You have offended against good manners.
- Wish for ( আকাঙ্খা করা ) I do not wish for name and fame.
- Heir of ( উত্তরাধিকারী (ব্যক্তি) ) He is the heir of his uncle.
- Overcome by ( দমন করা ) He was overcome by anger.
- Conscious of ( সচেতন ) He is conscious of his weakness.
- Fit for ( যোগ্য ) He is not fit for the job.
- Bosom friend ( অন্তরঙ্গ বন্ধু ) Rifat is my bosom friend.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- by dint of ( ফলে (সাধারণত বল প্রয়োগের ফলে) )
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.