Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Retire from ( অবসর লওয়া ) He retired from service on a pension.
- Aptitude for ( স্বাভাবিক দক্ষতা ) I have no aptitude for Mathematics.
- Comply with ( মেনে নেওয়া ) I shall comply with your request.
- Attach to ( জুড়ে দেওয়া ) Attach this file to the email.
- Due to ( কারণে ) His absence is due to illness.
- Certain of ( নিশ্চিত ) He is now certain of his ground.
- Out of doors ( বাহিরে ) It is rather cold out of doors.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.