Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Brood on (over) ( মন খারাপ করা ) Do not brood over your misfortune.
- Worthy of ( যোগ্য ) He is worthy of our praise.
- Rejoice at ( আনন্দ করা ) Every one rejoiced at her success.
- Pleased at ( সন্তুষ্ট (কোনকিছু) ) I am pleased at the news.
- Replace with another ( পরিবর্তন করা (একটি জিনিস) ) Replace this chair with new one.
- Long for ( কামনা করা ) He longed for fame.
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- Out of doors ( বাহিরে ) It is rather cold out of doors.
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.
- In the nick of time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) The school team arrived in the nick of time.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- breathe out ( নিঃশ্বাস ত্যাগ করা ) At last, he breathed his last breath out, and that was the end.