Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Satisfied with ( সন্তুষ্ট ) I am satisfied with him or I am satisfied of the truth.
- Desire for ( ইচ্ছা ) He has no desire for fame.
- Search for ( অনুসন্ধান ) Their search for the thing was of no avail.
- Occupied with ( নিয়োজিত (কাজ) ) He is occupied with his studies.
- Assign to ( নির্দিষ্ট করে দেওয়া ) He assigned the task to me.
- Engaged with ( নিযুক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- walk in someone shoes ( কারো অভিজ্ঞতা বা অবস্থানে থাকা বোঝায় ) When you walk in my shoes, you might understand.
- Far and wide ( সর্বত্র ) His fame as a scholar spread far and wide
- word of no implication ( কথার কথা )
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.
- a rotten apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few rotten apples.