Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Clue to ( সূত্র ) Find out the clue to the mystery.
- Quarrel with ( কলহ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Angry at ( রাগান্বিত (কারো আচরণ) ) I am angry at your conduct.
- Proportionate to ( আনুপাতিক ) Punishment should be proportionate to offence.
- Popular with ( জনপ্রিয় ) He is popular with all for his good behaviour.
- Rest upon ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) I rest upon your promise.
- Achilles heel ( দুর্বলতা বা ত্রুটি ) He is trying to hide but everybody knows his achilles' heel
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )
- Man of straw ( অপদার্থ লোক ) We do not care a fig for a man of straw like him.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- At last ( অবশেষে ) I got my missing book at last.