Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Involved in ( জড়িত ) He is involved in the plot.
- Proud of ( গর্বিত ) He is proud of his position.
- Occupied in ( নিয়োজিত ) He is occupied in writing a letter.
- Polite in ( নম্র ) He is polite in his manners. (Polite to strangers).
- Ambition for ( উচ্চাকাঙ্খা ) He has no ambition for fame in life.
- Rest with ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) The whole matter rests with you.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- queer go ( অদ্ভুত ব্যপার )
- have ones eyes ( কারও হাতে বিস্তর কাজ থাকা )
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.