Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Annoyed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was annoyed with him for being late.
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- Favour with ( অনুগত করা ) Would you favour me with an early reply?
- Slow of ( ধীর ) He is slow of speech. He is slow at figures. He is slow in writing.
- Hard at ( উদ্যমী ) He is hard at work before examination.
- Look after ( দেখাশোনা করা ) There is none to look after her.
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.
- In vogue ( চালু ) This custom is not in vogue now.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions