Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Think over ( চিন্তা করা (কোনকিছু) ) Think carefully over his advice.
- Look over ( পরীক্ষা করা ) He is looking over the answer papers.
- Smile on ( অনুগ্রহ করা ) Fortune smiled on him.
- Heir to ( উত্তরাধিকারী (সম্পত্তি) ) He is the heir to his uncle’s property.
- Restrict to ( সীমাবব্ধ করা ) Admission was restricted to students.
- Trust with ( বিশ্বাস করা (জিনিস) ) You may trust me with the work.
- In the nick of time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) The school team arrived in the nick of time.
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )
- Gala Day ( উৎসবের দিন ) The 15th August is a gala day to the Indians.
- bad faith ( বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা )
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.