Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Pity for ( করুণা ) Have pity for the poor.
- Send for ( ডেকে পাঠানো ) Send for a doctor immediately.
- Addicted to ( আসক্ত ) He is addicted to separate.
- Divide among ( ভাগ করা (দুইয়ের অধিক) ) Divide the mangoes among the boys.
- Late in ( দেরি ) Why are you so late in coming?
- Lack of ( অভাব ) I have no lack of friends.
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.
- Cats and dogs ( মূষল ধারে ) It was raining cats and dogs.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- In the nick of time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) The school team arrived in the nick of time.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.