Learn English by Lessons
Just Now vs Right Now vs Presently:Commonly Confused Words
Just now, right now and presently are often confusedly replaced with each other, while they don't mean exactly the same, though they have similar connotations.
Hard vs HardlyCommonly Confused Words
Hard and hardly are often confusedly used as similar words. However, they do differ. While hard has a positive connotation, hardly has a very negative impact in a sentence.
First vs FastCommonly Confused Words
First refers to someone or something or someone’s actions which happen before everything else. Fast can both be an adjective and adverb which means quick or quickly.
Learn words by topics :
- Preferable to ( অধিক পছন্দযোগ্য ) Death is preferable to dishonor.
- Hunger for ( তীব্র আকাঙ্খা ) His hunger for knowledge surprised us.
- Confident of ( স্থির বিশ্বাসী ) I am confident of success.
- Provide with ( সরবরাহ করা (কোন জিনিস) ) I provide (supply) him with food.
- Oblige to ( বাধিত করা ) I am obliged to him for his co-operation.
- Blind of ( দৃষ্টিশক্তিতে অন্ধ ) He is blind of one eye.
- At a stretch ( একটানা ) He can run ten miles at a stretch.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
- Gift of the gab ( বাককটুতা ) An advocate should have the gift of the gab.
- Cats and dogs ( মূষল ধারে ) It was raining cats and dogs.
- Fall flat ( ফলপ্রসূ না হওয়া ) My advice feel fiat on him.
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions