EXAMPLE Your purchases add up to $205.32.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Complain against ( অভিযোগ করা (অন্য ব্যক্তি) ) The complained to the Director against the Manager about her behavior.
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- Escape by ( রক্ষা করা ) He escaped by a hair breadth.
- Guess at ( অনুমান করা ) Can you guess at her age?
- Worthy of ( যোগ্য ) He is worthy of our praise.
- Talk of ( কথা বলা (কোন জিনিস) ) I am talking to (with) Mr. Roy of (about, over) the matter.
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- queer go ( অদ্ভুত ব্যপার )
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- In vain ( বৃথা ) All his attempts were in vain.