EXAMPLE Your purchases add up to $205.32.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Prevent from ( বারণ করা ; প্রতিরোধ করা ) I prevented him from going there.
- Deal with ( ব্যবহার করা ) He deals well with the customers.
- Overcome with ( দমন করা ) He was overcome with fatigue.
- Differ with ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I differ with you on this point.
- Adjacent to ( সংলগ্ন ) Her college is adjacent to her house.
- Abide by ( মেনে চলা ) One should abide by the rules
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.
- In black and white ( লিখিতভাবে ) Put down the statement in black and white.
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- bad faith ( বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা )