Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Displeased at ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Sick of ( পীড়িত, ক্লান্ত ) He is sick for home.
- Refer to ( বিচারার্থে পাঠানো ) Refer the matter to him for enquiry.
- Complain against ( অভিযোগ করা (অন্য ব্যক্তি) ) The complained to the Director against the Manager about her behavior.
- Obsessed with ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is obsessed with the idea.
- Blush with (for) ( লজ্জায় রাঙা হওয়া ) She blushed with shame.
- a bad apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few bad apples.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- walk in someone shoes ( কারো অভিজ্ঞতা বা অবস্থানে থাকা বোঝায় ) When you walk in my shoes, you might understand.
- Hard nut to crack ( কঠিন সমস্যা ) The problem of adult education is really a hard nut to crack.