Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Engaged with ( নিযুক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Divide into ( বিভক্ত করা (অংশ) ) It was divided into several parts.
- Play on ( বাজানো ) He played on guitar.
- Obsessed with ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is obsessed with the idea.
- Pleased at ( সন্তুষ্ট (কোনকিছু) ) I am pleased at the news.
- Lacking in ( অভাব আছে এমন ) He is lacking in courage.
- Come to light ( প্রকাশিত হওয়া ) Their private talk has come to light at last.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.
- know from a bare hint ( এক আঁচরেই বোঝা )
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.