Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Composed of ( তৈরি ) Water is composed of Hydrogen and Oxygen.
- Abound with ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) The ocean abounds with fish.
- Look over ( পরীক্ষা করা ) He is looking over the answer papers.
- Insist on ( জিদ করা ) He insisted on my going home.
- Quarrel with ( কলহ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Deaf to ( শুনতে অনিচ্ছুক ) He is deaf to my request.
- hold your horses ( সবুর করা ; ধৈর্য ধরা ) Hold your horses in trouble, you will get your reward.
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.
- All at once ( হঠাৎ ) All at once a tiger came out of the forest.
- Maiden speech ( প্রথম বক্তৃতা ) His maiden speech fell flat on the audience.
- ABC ( প্রাথমিক জ্ঞান ) Everybody must know at least the ABC of religion.