Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Absorbed in ( নিবিষ্ট ; মগ্ন ) Scientist is absorbed in experiment
- Impose on ( চাপানো ) The task was imposed on him.
- Rest with ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) The whole matter rests with you.
- Lack of ( অভাব ) I have no lack of friends.
- Liable to ( দায়ী ) He is liable to fine for his misconduct.
- Faithful to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) The dog is faithful to his master.
- Bosom friend ( অন্তরঙ্গ বন্ধু ) Rifat is my bosom friend.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.
- Beggar description ( বর্ণনাতীত ) The beauty of the Taj beggars description.
- Fish out of water ( অস্বস্তিকর অবস্থায় ) When he came to the village, he felt like a fish out of water.