Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Die in ( মারা যাওয়া (শান্তি) ) Let me die in peace.
- Disgrace to ( কলঙ্ক ) He is disgrace to his family.
- Exempt from ( রেহাই দেওয়া ) He was exempted from the fine.
- Popular with ( জনপ্রিয় ) He is popular with all for his good behaviour.
- Take after ( সদৃশ হওয়া ) The boy takes after his father.
- Parallel to ( সমান্তরাল ) This line is parallel to that.
- In the mean time ( ইতিমধ্যে ) Lila will come here to-night. In the mean time you should get her room ready.
- be on ones back ( একেবারে কুপোকাত )
- At a stretch ( একটানা ) He can run ten miles at a stretch.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- Stone's throw ( অতি নিকটে ) Our school is at a stone's throw form our house.