Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Heir to ( উত্তরাধিকারী (সম্পত্তি) ) He is the heir to his uncle’s property.
- Accompanied with ( একসঙ্গে ঘটা ) He has fever accompanied with headache.
- Congratulate on ( অভিনন্দিত করা ) I congratulate you on your success.
- Belong to ( অধিকারে থাকা ) This house is no more belongs to him.
- Eager about ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager about the result.
- Wonder at ( অবাক হওয়া ) I wonder at his ignorance.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
- Breathe one's last ( মারা যাওয়া ) The old man breathed his last on Sunday last.
- a bad apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few bad apples.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- Achilles heel ( দুর্বলতা বা ত্রুটি ) He is trying to hide but everybody knows his achilles' heel