Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Remedy for ( প্রতিকার ) There is no remedy for this disease.
- Eligible for ( যোগ্য ) He is eligible for the post.
- Apply for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He applied to the Secretary for the post.
- Look after ( দেখাশোনা করা ) There is none to look after her.
- Angry at ( রাগান্বিত (কারো আচরণ) ) I am angry at your conduct.
- Late in ( দেরি ) Why are you so late in coming?
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up
- loose cannon ( অপ্রত্যাশিত ) He is a bit of a loose cannon.
- clever hit ( কথার মতন কথা )