Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Hard at ( উদ্যমী ) He is hard at work before examination.
- Dull at ( কাঁচা ) He is dull at Physics.
- Accompanied with ( একসঙ্গে ঘটা ) He has fever accompanied with headache.
- Useful for ( প্রয়োজনীয় (উদ্দেশ্য) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- Displeased at ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Oblige to ( বাধিত করা ) I am obliged to him for his co-operation.
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- Up and downs ( উন্থানপতন ) There are ups and downs in a man's life.
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.