Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Inquire about ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) I inquired of him about (into) the matter.
- Callous to ( উদাসীন ) He is callous to my suffering.
- Agree on ( একমত হওয়া (নির্দিষ্ট বিষয়) ) I am agree on this point.
- Prohibit from ( বারণ করা ) I prohibited him from going there.
- Marry to ( বিবাহ দেওয়া ) He married his daughter to a rich man.
- Consist of ( গঠিত হওয়া ) This class consists of fifty boys and thirty girls.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
- Fall flat ( ফলপ্রসূ না হওয়া ) My advice feel fiat on him.
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.