Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Prone to ( ঝোঁক আছে এমন ) He is prone to idleness.
- Impose on ( চাপানো ) The task was imposed on him.
- Made of ( তৈরি ) This ring is made of gold.
- Pleased with ( সন্তুষ্ট ) I am pleased with him.
- Tired of ( ক্লান্ত ) I am Tired of doing the same thing day after day.
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- By and large ( প্রধানতঃ ) People in our village are by and large farmers.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )