Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Remind of ( মনে করিয়ে দেওয়া (কোনকিছু) ) I reminded him of his promise.
- Provide with ( সরবরাহ করা (কোন জিনিস) ) I provide (supply) him with food.
- Die in ( মারা যাওয়া (শান্তি) ) Let me die in peace.
- Excel in ( তুলনামূলক ভাবে সুন্দর হওয়া ) He excels in painting.
- Insist on ( জিদ করা ) He insisted on my going home.
- Bound for ( যাত্রার জন্য প্রস্তুত ) The ship is bound for England.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- By the by ( প্রসঙ্গক্রমে ) By the by I came to know that he was ill.
- queer go ( অদ্ভুত ব্যপার )
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.