Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Junior to ( নিম্নপদস্থ ; বয়সে কম ) He is junior to me in service.
- Anxious for ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is anxious for getting a job.
- Occur to ( মনে হওয়া ) The idea never occurred to me.
- Subject to ( শর্তাধীন ) This is subject to approval of the committee.
- Listen to ( শোনা ) Listen to the news on the radio.
- Eager for ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager for promotion in service.
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.
- Build castles in the air ( আকাশ কুসুম চিন্তা করা ) Don't idle away your time in building castles in the air.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
- bad faith ( বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা )
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )