Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Owe to ( ঋণী হওয়া ) I owe my all to him.
- Acquainted with ( পরিচিত ) I am acquainted with her.
- Guilty of ( দোষী ) He is guilty of murder.
- Need for ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I have no need for more money.
- True to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is true to his master.
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- From A to Z ( প্রথম হইতে শেষ পয্র্ন্ত ) The statement is true from A to Z.
- Up and downs ( উন্থানপতন ) There are ups and downs in a man's life.
- Kith and kin ( নিকট আত্মীয় ) He has no good relationship with his kith and kin.
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather