Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Differ in ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (মতামত) ) They differ in their opinions.
- Count upon ( নির্ভর করা ) I count upon your help for this work.
- Overcome by ( দমন করা ) He was overcome by anger.
- Good at ( দক্ষ ) He is good at tennis.
- Absorbed in ( নিবিষ্ট ; মগ্ন ) Scientist is absorbed in experiment
- Open at ( উন্মুক্ত করা বা খোলা ) Open at page 20 of English book.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- By all means ( সবর্প্রকার ) Try to do it by all means.
- Slip of the tongue ( বলায় সামান্য ভুল ) This is a slip of the tongue, don't lay much stress on it.
- Red tape ( লাল ফিতার বাঁধন ; আমলাতান্ত্রিকতা ) Red tapism causes delay in official work.
- Fall flat ( ফলপ্রসূ না হওয়া ) My advice feel fiat on him.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions