Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Die of ( মারা যাওয়া (রোগ) ) He died of cholera.
- Favourable to ( অনুকূল (ব্যক্তি) ) This situation is favourable to me for doing this.
- Prevent from ( বারণ করা ; প্রতিরোধ করা ) I prevented him from going there.
- Pride on ( গর্ব করা ) He prides himself on his high birth.
- According to ( অনুসারে ) According to his order i went there.
- Cope with ( সামলানো ) I cannot cope with the situation.
- but me no buts ( কিন্তু কিন্তু করো না )
- a rotten apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few rotten apples.
- By the by ( প্রসঙ্গক্রমে ) By the by I came to know that he was ill.
- Nip in the bud ( অঙ্কুরে বিনষ্ট করা ) All his hopes were nipped in the bud.
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.