Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Differ on ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যপার) ) I differ with you on this point.
- Fond of ( অনুরাগী ) Children are fond of sweets.
- Favourable to ( অনুকূল (ব্যক্তি) ) This situation is favourable to me for doing this.
- Think of ( চিন্তা করা (ব্যক্তি) ) What do you think of (about) him?
- Equal with ( সমতুল্য (ব্যক্তি) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Accompanied by ( সঙ্গী হওয়া ) He was accompanied by his father.
- in the doldrums ( উদাসীন ভাবাপন্ন )
- Through thick and thin ( বাধা বিপত্তির মধ্য দিয়ে ) Reveka followed her husband through thick and thin.
- At once back and call ( বাধ্য ) He is always at my back and call.
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.