Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Wonder at ( অবাক হওয়া ) I wonder at his ignorance.
- Offended at ( বিরক্ত (কোন কাজে) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- Entitled to ( অধিকারী ) He is entitled to a reward for his honesty.
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- Apply for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He applied to the Secretary for the post.
- Differ in ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (মতামত) ) They differ in their opinions.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- bell the cat ( সর্তকতার জন্য বিড়ালের গলায় ঘন্টা বাধা ; কোন কাজ যেটা অর্জন করা কঠিন বা অসম্ভব ) Everybody is trying but who actually bell the cat?
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
- Man of straw ( অপদার্থ লোক ) We do not care a fig for a man of straw like him.
- Build castles in the air ( আকাশ কুসুম চিন্তা করা ) Don't idle away your time in building castles in the air.
- At bay ( কোনঠাসা ) The tiger was at bay in the bush.