Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Commence on ( শুরু করা ) Our examination commences on the 3rd July.
- Liking for ( রুচি ) She has a liking for music.
- Smell of ( গন্ধ দেয় ) This glass smells of wine.
- Excel in ( তুলনামূলক ভাবে সুন্দর হওয়া ) He excels in painting.
- Control over ( নিয়ন্ত্রণ ) He has no control over his brother.
- Die for ( মারা যাওয়া (কারণ) ) He died for his country.
- be on ones back ( একেবারে কুপোকাত )
- pound of flesh ( এক চুল এদিক ওদিক নয় )
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- Out of sorts ( ঈষৎ অসুস্থ ) He is out of sorts now.
- Nip in the bud ( অঙ্কুরে বিনষ্ট করা ) All his hopes were nipped in the bud.
- Crying need ( জরুরী প্রয়োজন ) Mass education is the crying need of Bangladesh.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions