Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Addicted to ( আসক্ত ) He is addicted to separate.
- Smell of ( গন্ধ দেয় ) This glass smells of wine.
- Offend against ( লঙ্গন করা ) You have offended against good manners.
- Eager for ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager for promotion in service.
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Offensive to ( বিরক্তিকর ) This acrid smell is offensive to me.
- Dead language ( যে ভাষা এখন আর কথ্য নয় ) Sanskrit is a rich language, but it is now a dead language.
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.
- In the mean time ( ইতিমধ্যে ) Lila will come here to-night. In the mean time you should get her room ready.
- In a fix ( মুশকিলে পতিত ) He is in a fix and does not know what to do.
- A blessing in disguise ( বিপরীতে হিত ; প্রথমে খারাপ হিসেবে মনে হলেও পরবর্তীতে ভালো হয় ) Sam's motorcycle accident was a blessing in disguise because he got enough insurance money.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.