Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Sensible of ( বোধ সম্পন্ন ) She is sensible of the risk.
- Quarrel about ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another about the property.
- Aware of ( সচেতন ) Man should aware of the danger of environment pollution.
- Argue for ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Engaged in ( নিযুক্ত (কাজে) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Limited to ( সীমাবদ্ধ ) Invitation was limited to members only.
- Achilles heel ( দুর্বলতা বা ত্রুটি ) He is trying to hide but everybody knows his achilles' heel
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- Cock and bull story ( গাঁজাখুরি গল্প ) Nobody will believe your cock and bull story
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.
- Widow's mite ( দরিদ্রর ক্ষুদ্র দান ) A widow's mite is no less important than a large contribution of a rich man.