Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Acquit of ( খালাস দেওয়া ) High court acquit him of the charge.
- Kind to ( সদয় ) She is very kind to the children.
- Faith with ( বিশ্বাস (ভঙ্গ) ) He broke faith with me.
- Zeal for ( প্রবল উৎসাহ ) He has a zeal for social work.
- Engaged in ( নিযুক্ত (কাজে) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- bad faith ( বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা )
- In the mean time ( ইতিমধ্যে ) Lila will come here to-night. In the mean time you should get her room ready.
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )
- Out of date ( অপ্রচলিত ) This fashion is now out of date.
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.
- Bad blood ( মনোমালিন্য ; শত্রতা ; দ্বেষ ) Now there is bad blood between the two brothers.