Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Rid of ( মুক্ত হওয়া ) Get rid of bad company.
- Conscious of ( সচেতন ) He is conscious of his weakness.
- Rest upon ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) I rest upon your promise.
- Grateful for ( কৃতজ্ঞ (কোনকিছু) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- Similar to ( সদৃশ ) This pen is similar to that.
- Parallel to ( সমান্তরাল ) This line is parallel to that.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )
- After all ( সবকিছু সত্ত্বেও ) After all, he is a patriot.