Learn English by Lessons
Just Now vs Right Now vs Presently:Commonly Confused Words
Just now, right now and presently are often confusedly replaced with each other, while they don't mean exactly the same, though they have similar connotations.
Hard vs HardlyCommonly Confused Words
Hard and hardly are often confusedly used as similar words. However, they do differ. While hard has a positive connotation, hardly has a very negative impact in a sentence.
First vs FastCommonly Confused Words
First refers to someone or something or someone’s actions which happen before everything else. Fast can both be an adjective and adverb which means quick or quickly.
Learn words by topics :
- Guess at ( অনুমান করা ) Can you guess at her age?
- Open at ( উন্মুক্ত করা বা খোলা ) Open at page 20 of English book.
- Assign to ( নির্দিষ্ট করে দেওয়া ) He assigned the task to me.
- Devoid of ( বর্জিত ) He is devoid of common sense.
- Compare with ( তুলনা করা (সদৃশ বস্তু) ) Rabindranath may be compared with Shakespeare.
- Weak in ( কাঁচা ) He is weak in Mathematics.
- Out of doors ( বাহিরে ) It is rather cold out of doors.
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- live by ones wit ( কথা বেচে খাওয়া )
- Up and downs ( উন্থানপতন ) There are ups and downs in a man's life.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions