Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Think over ( চিন্তা করা (কোনকিছু) ) Think carefully over his advice.
- Late in ( দেরি ) Why are you so late in coming?
- Based on ( ভিত্তি থাকা ) Your remarks were not based on the facts.
- Subject to ( শর্তাধীন ) This is subject to approval of the committee.
- Differ in ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (মতামত) ) They differ in their opinions.
- Pleased at ( সন্তুষ্ট (কোনকিছু) ) I am pleased at the news.
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- After all ( সবকিছু সত্ত্বেও ) After all, he is a patriot.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.