Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Grateful for ( কৃতজ্ঞ (কোনকিছু) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- Despair of ( নিরাশ হওয়া ) Do not despair of success.
- Engaged with ( নিযুক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Fill with ( পরিপূর্ণ ) This tank is filled with water.
- Busy with ( ব্যস্ত ) He is busy with his studies.
- Junior to ( নিম্নপদস্থ ; বয়সে কম ) He is junior to me in service.
- Burning question ( তীব্র বিতর্কের বিষয় ) The problem of the dowry system is the burning question of the day.
- till the cows come home ( অনেক সময় ধরে ) I could play outside till the cows come home
- queer go ( অদ্ভুত ব্যপার )
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.
- Cock and bull story ( গাঁজাখুরি গল্প ) Nobody will believe your cock and bull story
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )