Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- End in ( শেষ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Mourn for ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn for the dead.
- Part with ( বিচ্ছিন্ন হওয়া (কোন জিনিস) ) She parted with the ring.
- Acquainted with ( পরিচিত ) I am acquainted with her.
- Jump at ( আগ্রহ সহকারে গ্রহণ করা ) Do not jump at the offer.
- Occupied in ( নিয়োজিত ) He is occupied in writing a letter.
- Turn down ( প্রত্যাখান করা ) He turned down my proposal.
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- Burning question ( তীব্র বিতর্কের বিষয় ) The problem of the dowry system is the burning question of the day.
- a piece of cake ( খুবই সহজ ) This assignment is a piece of cake
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.