Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Count upon ( নির্ভর করা ) I count upon your help for this work.
- Ashamed for ( লজ্জিত ) I feel ashamed for you.
- Restrict to ( সীমাবব্ধ করা ) Admission was restricted to students.
- Listen to ( শোনা ) Listen to the news on the radio.
- Mourn for ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn for the dead.
- Favour with ( অনুগত করা ) Would you favour me with an early reply?
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.
- a rotten apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few rotten apples.
- Curry favour ( তোষামোদ করিয়ে প্রিয় হওয়া ) He knows how to curry favour with officers.
- Bid fair ( ভালো কিছু আশা করা ) He bids fair to be a good doctor.
- the exact point ( কাঁটায়-কাঁটায় )
- In force ( বলবৎ ) This law is in force now.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions