Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Equal to ( সমতুল্য (কাজ) ) He rose equal to the occasion.
- Indulge in ( আসক্ত হওয়া ) He indulge in drugs.
- Stare at ( একদৃষ্টিতে তাকানো ) She stared at me.
- Lame of ( খোঁড়া ) He is lame of one leg.
- Weak of ( দূর্বল ) He is weak of understanding.
- Guilty of ( দোষী ) He is guilty of murder.
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.
- Of course ( অবশ্যই ) Of course, you know what that means
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )
- hold your horses ( সবুর করা ; ধৈর্য ধরা ) Hold your horses in trouble, you will get your reward.
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions