Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Listen to ( শোনা ) Listen to the news on the radio.
- Pride on ( গর্ব করা ) He prides himself on his high birth.
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Void of ( বিহীন ) He is void of common sense.
- Relevant to ( প্রাসঙ্গিক ) Your remark is not relevant to the point.
- Superior to ( উৎকৃষ্টতর ) This type of rice is superior to that.
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.
- reap the harvest of sin ( কর্ম ভোগ করা )
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
- Gift of the gab ( বাককটুতা ) An advocate should have the gift of the gab.