Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Search of ( অনুসন্ধানে ব্যস্ত ) They are in search of nice bird.
- Jump at ( আগ্রহ সহকারে গ্রহণ করা ) Do not jump at the offer.
- Rejoice in ( আনন্দ করা ) Every one rejoiced in her success.
- Loyal to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is loyal to his master.
- Parallel to ( সমান্তরাল ) This line is parallel to that.
- Need for ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I have no need for more money.
- Out of temper ( ক্রুদ্ধ ) He is out of temper now.
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- Crocodile tears ( ময়া কান্না ) He shed crocodile tears at our misery.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- Burning question ( তীব্র বিতর্কের বিষয় ) The problem of the dowry system is the burning question of the day.