Beautiful /adj/ (সুন্দর /চমৎকার):
সাধারণত মেয়েদের জন্য Beautiful শব্দটি ব্যবহৃত হয়ে থাকে।
The adjective ‘beautiful’ describes a thing that is pleasing to the senses.
- The girl is beautiful enough to be conspicuous. (Handsome নয়)
- Right from day one she always loved school and she has grown into a beautiful young lady.
- He nourishes a desire for a beautiful wife.
- A man in charge asked me to find beautiful women for publicity, whom they could entertain at the Playboy Mansion.
- Three months ago I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.
Handsome / Good looking /adj/ (সুদর্শন/ উদার):
সাধারনত ছেলেদের জন্য Handsome / Good looking শব্দটি ব্যবহৃত হয়ে থাকে।
The word ‘handsome’ means good-looking, attractive in a classically masculine way.
- The hero is very handsome to look at. (Beautiful নয়)
- Everyone turned and looked at a handsome young man in a beautiful hat, called Mike.
- He was extraordinarily handsome - better looking than most movie stars.
- He's handsome, with chiseled good looks and hypnotic blue eyes.
- But the intense years of study lead to job security and a handsome salary.
N.B: Exception (the word handsome could be used to describe woman in some cases)
(Of a woman) striking and imposing rather than conventionally pretty.
- Besides which, dangerous or no, she was a rather handsome woman.
- Zambrano, a handsome woman of fifty-one, gave me a nod.