Recently / adverb /(সম্প্রতি):
সাম্প্রতিক কোন ঘটনা বুঝাতে recently ব্যবহৃত হয়।
Recently refers to the time which has just passed.
- Jinat has recently bought a new car. (Shortly নয়)
- She recently graduated from college.
- I saw him recently for the first time in many years.
- Only recently did they decide to move.
- Until recently I had no idea where I would end up finding a job.
Shortly / adverb /(শীঘ্রই):
Shortly শীঘ্রই ঘটে যাওয়া অথবা ঘটতে যাওয়া কোনকিছুকে বোঝাতে ব্যবহৃত হয়ে থাকে।
Shortly means within ‘a short amount of time’.
- Maisha will complete the assignment shortly. (Recently নয়)
- Sakib had started the clinic shortly after they were married.
- Mushfiq’s father died shortly after Alex was born, so I never met either of them.
- He left shortly after you had left.
- “I can't help you right now,” he said shortly.