By and by /adverb/ (অচিরেই):
By and by সাধারণত অনির্দিষ্ট কিন্তু ভবিতব্য কিছু বোঝাতে ব্যবহৃত হয়।
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’
- Needless weeds grow up by and by. (Gradually নয়)
- We'll get underway by and by.
- We'll go on that vacation by-and-by
Gradually /adverb/ (ধীরে ধীরে):
ধীরে ধীরে কোনো কিছু সংগঠিত হচ্ছে এমন কিছু বোঝাতে gradually বসে।
Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
- A child grows up gradually. (By and by নয়)
- He is improving his skills gradually.
- Gradually he may become the president.
- I’m going to increase my pace gradually.
- He gradually built up a reputation as a successful lawyer.