কোনোকিছু একটার পর আরেকটা অথবা ক্রমানুসারে বোঝালে alternately বসে।
Alternately means one after another or consecutively. It does not mean ‘in exchange/change of anything.’
- I am alternately down and depressed.
- He alternately let her sleep and then locked her in the bedroom.
- Laura stepped back and was alternately gazing at Toni and Jessi.
- The scenes are alternately played as comedy and tragedy.
- Their roles gradually reverse, and the family members alternately turn to and on each other.
- I love both rice and fast-food; I eat them alternately.
একটির পরিবর্তে অন্য একটি বেছে নেওয়া বোঝাতে alternatively ব্যবহৃত হয়
Alternatively is defined as having or choosing another option.
- You could go by air, or alternatively, you could go by car. (Alternately নয়)
- He wants to go to Sylhet. Alternatively, we decided to go to Bandarban.
- Alternatively, we might consider that we start with the first method.
- I love rice, but alternatively, I have to eat fast-food.
- I was selected for the post of the assistant director, but alternatively, they offered me the post of assistant manager.
- We wanted to organize a cricket match, but it started to rain. Alternatively, we had to organize a football match.