Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Sensitive to ( সংবেদনশীল ) She is sensitive to cold.
- Free from ( মুক্ত ) He is now free from danger.
- Blind of ( দৃষ্টিশক্তিতে অন্ধ ) He is blind of one eye.
- Add to ( যোগ করা ) Add this to that.
- Appeal to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He appealed to the Headmaster for pardon.
- Burst out ( ফেটে পড়া ) He burst out laughing at my joke.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.
- be up and doing ( উঠে-পড়ে লাগা )
- Out of the wood ( বিপদমুক্ত ) He is not yet out of the wood.
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- On the whole ( মোটের উপর ) On the whole, his conduct is good.