Learn English by Lessons
Burned & BurntCommonly Confused Words
Burned & Burnt: Burned means to consume fuel and give off heat, light, and gases. Intransitive হলে burned বসে। Transitive হলে burnt বসে।
Bring & TakeCommonly Confused Words
Bring vs Take: Bring means to come with (something or someone) to a place. কোথাও হতে ফেরার সময় কোনোকিছু সাথে আনা বোঝাতে bring বসে।
Bring & FetchCommonly Confused Words
Bring means to come with (something or someone) to a place. Fetch means to go or come after and bring or take back.
Learn words by topics :
- Satisfied with ( সন্তুষ্ট ) I am satisfied with him or I am satisfied of the truth.
- Despair of ( নিরাশ হওয়া ) Do not despair of success.
- Pass away ( মারা যাওয়া ) He passes away last night.
- Ashamed of ( লজ্জিত ) He is not ashamed of his conduct.
- Eager about ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager about the result.
- Mad with ( উন্মাদ প্রায় ) He is mad with pain.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.