Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Dedicate to ( উৎসর্গ করা ) This book is dedicated to his father.
- Difference between ( পার্থক্য ) There is no difference between the two brothers.
- Eager for ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager for promotion in service.
- Open at ( উন্মুক্ত করা বা খোলা ) Open at page 20 of English book.
- Abound with ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) The ocean abounds with fish.
- Wait on ( সেবা করা ) The nurse waited on the patient.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- After all ( সবকিছু সত্ত্বেও ) After all, he is a patriot.
- Kith and kin ( নিকট আত্মীয় ) He has no good relationship with his kith and kin.
- breathe out ( নিঃশ্বাস ত্যাগ করা ) At last, he breathed his last breath out, and that was the end.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.