EXAMPLE He called at my office yesterday.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Glance at ( চোখ বুলিয়ে নেওয়া ) He glanced at me casually.
- Rich in ( সম্পদশালী ) Bangladesh is rich in minerals.
- Vary from ( আলাদা হওয়া ) His opinion varies from his brother's.
- Proud of ( গর্বিত ) He is proud of his position.
- Officiate for ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- Abound in ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) Fish abounds in this river.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )
- Crocodile tears ( ময়া কান্না ) He shed crocodile tears at our misery.
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.