EXAMPLE He called at my office yesterday.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Guilty of ( দোষী ) He is guilty of murder.
- Disgusted at ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Liable to ( দায়ী ) He is liable to fine for his misconduct.
- Access to ( প্রবেশ অধিকার ) Public has no access to this area.
- Ill with ( অসুস্থ ) He is ill with fever.
- Allot to ( বিলি করা ) One room has been allotted to him.
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )
- host in himself ( একাই একশ )
- At bay ( কোনঠাসা ) The tiger was at bay in the bush.
- Widow's mite ( দরিদ্রর ক্ষুদ্র দান ) A widow's mite is no less important than a large contribution of a rich man.