SYNONYM phone many different places/people.
EXAMPLE We called around but we weren't able to find the part of car we needed.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Popular with ( জনপ্রিয় ) He is popular with all for his good behaviour.
- Compare to ( তুলনা করা (অসদৃশ বস্তু) ) Anger is compared to fire.
- Respond to ( উত্তর দেওয়া ) Nobody responded to my call.
- Ashamed for ( লজ্জিত ) I feel ashamed for you.
- According to ( অনুসারে ) According to his order i went there.
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- Birds eye view ( মোটামোটি ধারণা ; এক নজর ) He took a bird’s eye view of the flood-stricken area from an aeroplane.
- a rotten apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few rotten apples.
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.
- Crying need ( জরুরী প্রয়োজন ) Mass education is the crying need of Bangladesh.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.