SYNONYM phone many different places/people.
EXAMPLE We called around but we weren't able to find the part of car we needed.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Obsessed by ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is obsessed by the idea.
- Fond of ( অনুরাগী ) Children are fond of sweets.
- Busy with ( ব্যস্ত ) He is busy with his studies.
- Worthy of ( যোগ্য ) He is worthy of our praise.
- Live by ( কোন উপায়ে বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives by honest means.
- Compare with ( তুলনা করা (সদৃশ বস্তু) ) Rabindranath may be compared with Shakespeare.
- Cock and bull story ( গাঁজাখুরি গল্প ) Nobody will believe your cock and bull story
- Bad blood ( মনোমালিন্য ; শত্রতা ; দ্বেষ ) Now there is bad blood between the two brothers.
- Bosom friend ( অন্তরঙ্গ বন্ধু ) Rifat is my bosom friend.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- In a hurry ( তাড়াহুড়ার মধ্যে ) Don't do the work in a hurry.
- Die in harness ( কর্মরত অবস্থায় মারা যাওয়া ) Dr. Sen died in harness.