SYNONYM rear ; start talking about a subject ; vomit.
EXAMPLE She is brought up by her mother.
My mother walks out of the room when my father brings up sports.
He drank so much that he brought his dinner up in the toilet.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Jealous of ( ঈর্ষা পরায়ণ ) I am not at all jealous of his fortune.
- Hunger for ( তীব্র আকাঙ্খা ) His hunger for knowledge surprised us.
- Essential to ( অত্যাবশ্যক ) Food is essential to health.
- Composed of ( তৈরি ) Water is composed of Hydrogen and Oxygen.
- Admit to ( ভর্তি করা ) Khadil was admitted to university.
- Provide with ( সরবরাহ করা (কোন জিনিস) ) I provide (supply) him with food.
- Through thick and thin ( বাধা বিপত্তির মধ্য দিয়ে ) Reveka followed her husband through thick and thin.
- hold your horses ( সবুর করা ; ধৈর্য ধরা ) Hold your horses in trouble, you will get your reward.
- slap on the wrist ( মৃদু শাস্তি ) Although he broke the rules, he was only given a slap on the wrist
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )
- Carry the day ( জয়লাভ করা ) Rajib, the best player of the school, carried the day in the annual sports.