SYNONYM rear ; start talking about a subject ; vomit.
EXAMPLE She is brought up by her mother.
My mother walks out of the room when my father brings up sports.
He drank so much that he brought his dinner up in the toilet.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Supply to ( যোগান দেওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He supplied food to us.
- Rely on ( নির্ভর করা ) You can rely on him.
- Eligible for ( যোগ্য ) He is eligible for the post.
- Bound for ( যাত্রার জন্য প্রস্তুত ) The ship is bound for England.
- Weak in ( কাঁচা ) He is weak in Mathematics.
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.
- Gala Day ( উৎসবের দিন ) The 15th August is a gala day to the Indians.
- Widow's mite ( দরিদ্রর ক্ষুদ্র দান ) A widow's mite is no less important than a large contribution of a rich man.
- Turn down ( প্রত্যাখান করা ) He turned down my proposal.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush