EXAMPLE The new medicine has brought the patient through.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Argue for ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Inferior to ( নিকৃষ্ট ; হীন ) He is inferior to his neighbour.
- Blind to ( দোষের প্রতি অন্ধ ) He is blind to his won faults.
- Limited to ( সীমাবদ্ধ ) Invitation was limited to members only.
- Rob of ( অপহরণ করা ) Somebody robbed him of his purse.
- Based on ( ভিত্তি থাকা ) Your remarks were not based on the facts.
- a piece of cake ( খুবই সহজ ) This assignment is a piece of cake
- loose cannon ( অপ্রত্যাশিত ) He is a bit of a loose cannon.
- Achilles heel ( দুর্বলতা বা ত্রুটি ) He is trying to hide but everybody knows his achilles' heel
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )
- Out of sorts ( ঈষৎ অসুস্থ ) He is out of sorts now.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions