EXAMPLE The new medicine has brought the patient through.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Aim at ( লক্ষ্য করা ) He aimed his gun at he bird.
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Justice to ( ন্যায় বিচার ) We should do justice to everybody.
- Limit to ( সীমা ) You should have a limit to your demands.
- Stare at ( একদৃষ্টিতে তাকানো ) She stared at me.
- Make out ( বুঝতে পারা ) I cannot make out what you say.
- put the cart before the horse ( স্বাভাবিক অবস্থা উলটাইয়া দেওয়া ; অস্বাভাবিক অবস্থা পরিণত করা )
- Turn a deaf ear to ( মনোযোগ না দেওয়া ) He turned a deaf ear to my proposal.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.
- By all means ( সবর্প্রকার ) Try to do it by all means.