EXAMPLE The new medicine has brought the patient through.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Capable to ( সক্ষম ) He is capable of doing this alone.
- Rest with ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) The whole matter rests with you.
- Inquire about ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) I inquired of him about (into) the matter.
- Die by ( মারা যাওয়া (বিষ) ) He died by poison.
- Look up ( শব্দার্থ খোঁজা ) Look up the word in the dictionary.
- Control over ( নিয়ন্ত্রণ ) He has no control over his brother.
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- By far ( সর্বাংশে ) He is by far the best boy in the class.
- In the mean time ( ইতিমধ্যে ) Lila will come here to-night. In the mean time you should get her room ready.
- by dint of ( ফলে (সাধারণত বল প্রয়োগের ফলে) )