EXAMPLE The new medicine has brought the patient through.
Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Hanker after ( লালায়িত হওয়া ) Do not hanker after wealth.
- Search of ( অনুসন্ধানে ব্যস্ত ) They are in search of nice bird.
- Ill with ( অসুস্থ ) He is ill with fever.
- Dislike for ( অপছন্দ ) He has dislike for dogs.
- Refer to ( বিচারার্থে পাঠানো ) Refer the matter to him for enquiry.
- Supply to ( যোগান দেওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He supplied food to us.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- By far ( সর্বাংশে ) He is by far the best boy in the class.
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.
- a piece of cake ( খুবই সহজ ) This assignment is a piece of cake
- Curry favour ( তোষামোদ করিয়ে প্রিয় হওয়া ) He knows how to curry favour with officers.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions