EXAMPLE The publisher has brought out a new book.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Live beyond ( বাঁচা ) He lives beyond his means.
- Relevant to ( প্রাসঙ্গিক ) Your remark is not relevant to the point.
- Plead for ( ওকালতি করা (কোনকিছু) ) I pleaded with him for justice (against the wrong done to me).
- Eligible for ( যোগ্য ) He is eligible for the post.
- Sentence to ( দন্ডাদেশ দেওয়া ) He was sentenced to death for murder.
- Commence on ( শুরু করা ) Our examination commences on the 3rd July.
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- Part and parcel ( অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ ) Discipline is part and parcel of administration.
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- Round the clock ( সমস্ত দিন ) He is working round the clock.