EXAMPLE The publisher has brought out a new book.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Popular with ( জনপ্রিয় ) He is popular with all for his good behaviour.
- Escape by ( রক্ষা করা ) He escaped by a hair breadth.
- Quick at ( চটপটে ) He is quick at figures.
- Eligible for ( যোগ্য ) He is eligible for the post.
- Restore to ( ফিরিয়ে দেওয়া ) Restore his property to him.
- Require of ( প্রয়োজন হওয়া (কোন কিছু) ) I required a loan of him.
- Slip of the tongue ( বলায় সামান্য ভুল ) This is a slip of the tongue, don't lay much stress on it.
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )
- host in himself ( একাই একশ )
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.