EXAMPLE He brought off the passengers on the wrecked ship.
Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Angry for ( রাগান্বিত (কোন কিছু) ) I am angry for something.
- Compete with ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন একজন) ) I competed with him for the first prize.
- Respect to ( সম্বন্ধে ) We are talking with respect to that matter.
- Make out ( বুঝতে পারা ) I cannot make out what you say.
- Faith in ( বিশ্বাস ) I have no faith in him.
- Die in ( মারা যাওয়া (শান্তি) ) Let me die in peace.
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.
- put the cart before the horse ( স্বাভাবিক অবস্থা উলটাইয়া দেওয়া ; অস্বাভাবিক অবস্থা পরিণত করা )
- Turn down ( প্রত্যাখান করা ) He turned down my proposal.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions