EXAMPLE He brought off the passengers on the wrecked ship.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Absent from ( অনুপস্থিত ) Rifat was absent from college.
- Escape from ( পলায়ন করা ) The prisoner escaped from the jail.
- Eager about ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager about the result.
- Accustomed to ( অভ্যস্ত ) I am accustomed to such a life.
- Zealous for ( আগ্রহী ) He is zealous for improvement.
- Tolerant of ( সহিষ্ণু ) We must be tolerant of opposition.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- a bad apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few bad apples.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- but me no buts ( কিন্তু কিন্তু করো না )
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions