EXAMPLE He brought off the passengers on the wrecked ship.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Assign to ( নির্দিষ্ট করে দেওয়া ) He assigned the task to me.
- Aptitude for ( স্বাভাবিক দক্ষতা ) I have no aptitude for Mathematics.
- Believe in ( বিশ্বাস করা ) I do not believe in his honesty.
- Restore to ( ফিরিয়ে দেওয়া ) Restore his property to him.
- Make for ( অগ্রসর হওয়া ) The ship made for England.
- Deal with ( ব্যবহার করা ) He deals well with the customers.
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.