EXAMPLE His property brings him in Tk.5000 a year.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Partiality for ( পক্ষপাত দুষ্ট ) He has no Partiality for his son.
- Inquire about ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) I inquired of him about (into) the matter.
- Confident to ( আবদ্ধ (শয্যা) ) He is confined to bed.
- Guilty of ( দোষী ) He is guilty of murder.
- Appeal for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He appealed for pardon.
- Engaged in ( নিযুক্ত (কাজে) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- bad faith ( বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা )
- Ins and outs ( খুঁটিনাটি সব কিছু ) I know the ins and outs of the matter.
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- put the cart before the horse ( স্বাভাবিক অবস্থা উলটাইয়া দেওয়া ; অস্বাভাবিক অবস্থা পরিণত করা )
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.