EXAMPLE The timely rain brings forth good crops.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Fill with ( পরিপূর্ণ ) This tank is filled with water.
- Appetite for ( ক্ষুধা ) The patient has no appetite for food.
- Similar to ( সদৃশ ) This pen is similar to that.
- Vary from ( আলাদা হওয়া ) His opinion varies from his brother's.
- Wonder at ( অবাক হওয়া ) I wonder at his ignorance.
- Suffer from ( কষ্ট পাওয়া ) He is suffering from fever.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- Carry the day ( জয়লাভ করা ) Rajib, the best player of the school, carried the day in the annual sports.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.
- A black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) Tom is a black sheep in their family
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )