EXAMPLE The timely rain brings forth good crops.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Afraid of ( ভীত ) I am not afraid of ghosts.
- Consistent with ( সামঞ্জস্যপূর্ণ ) Your action is not consistent with the rules.
- Consist of ( গঠিত হওয়া ) This class consists of fifty boys and thirty girls.
- Prompt in ( চটপটে (উত্তর) ) He is prompt in his answer.
- Jealous of ( ঈর্ষা পরায়ণ ) I am not at all jealous of his fortune.
- Contrary to ( বিপরীত ) His action is contrary to his words.
- At all ( আদৌ ) He does not know French at all.
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- Head and ears ( সম্পূর্ণরূপে ) He is over head and ears in debt.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.