SYNONYM reduce ; make unhappy.
EXAMPLE The good harvest brought down the price of rice.
This sad music is bringing me down.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Pride on ( গর্ব করা ) He prides himself on his high birth.
- Unite with ( ঐক্যবদ্ধ হওয়া ) Be united with your friends.
- Addicted to ( আসক্ত ) He is addicted to separate.
- Attend to ( মনোযোগ দেওয়া ) Attend to your lesson.
- Accustomed to ( অভ্যস্ত ) I am accustomed to such a life.
- Appeal for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He appealed for pardon.
- In the mean time ( ইতিমধ্যে ) Lila will come here to-night. In the mean time you should get her room ready.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- Round the clock ( সমস্ত দিন ) He is working round the clock.
- a rotten apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few rotten apples.
- Of course ( অবশ্যই ) Of course, you know what that means