SYNONYM reduce ; make unhappy.
EXAMPLE The good harvest brought down the price of rice.
This sad music is bringing me down.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Engaged in ( নিযুক্ত (কাজে) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Qualified for ( যোগ্য ) He is qualified for the post.
- Affectionate to ( স্নেহশীল ) He is affectionate to me.
- End in ( শেষ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Dull at ( কাঁচা ) He is dull at Physics.
- Quarrel with ( কলহ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Crocodile tears ( ময়া কান্না ) He shed crocodile tears at our misery.
- From A to Z ( প্রথম হইতে শেষ পয্র্ন্ত ) The statement is true from A to Z.
- A blessing in disguise ( বিপরীতে হিত ; প্রথমে খারাপ হিসেবে মনে হলেও পরবর্তীতে ভালো হয় ) Sam's motorcycle accident was a blessing in disguise because he got enough insurance money.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
- be on ones back ( একেবারে কুপোকাত )
- By and by ( শীঘ্র ) He will come here by and by.