SYNONYM reduce ; make unhappy.
EXAMPLE The good harvest brought down the price of rice.
This sad music is bringing me down.
Learn English by Lessons
Just Now vs Right Now vs Presently:Commonly Confused Words
Just now, right now and presently are often confusedly replaced with each other, while they don't mean exactly the same, though they have similar connotations.
Hard vs HardlyCommonly Confused Words
Hard and hardly are often confusedly used as similar words. However, they do differ. While hard has a positive connotation, hardly has a very negative impact in a sentence.
First vs FastCommonly Confused Words
First refers to someone or something or someone’s actions which happen before everything else. Fast can both be an adjective and adverb which means quick or quickly.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Indebted to ( ঋণী ; কৃতজ্ঞ ) I am indebted to him for this help.
- Vary from ( আলাদা হওয়া ) His opinion varies from his brother's.
- Talk of ( কথা বলা (কোন জিনিস) ) I am talking to (with) Mr. Roy of (about, over) the matter.
- Make for ( অগ্রসর হওয়া ) The ship made for England.
- Admit to ( ভর্তি করা ) Khadil was admitted to university.
- Apply for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He applied to the Secretary for the post.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.
- Dead language ( যে ভাষা এখন আর কথ্য নয় ) Sanskrit is a rich language, but it is now a dead language.
- by dint of ( ফলে (সাধারণত বল প্রয়োগের ফলে) )
- Gala Day ( উৎসবের দিন ) The 15th August is a gala day to the Indians.
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions