SYNONYM cause to happen.
EXAMPLE He tired to bring about a quarrel between them.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Absent from ( অনুপস্থিত ) Rifat was absent from college.
- Compete with ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন একজন) ) I competed with him for the first prize.
- Count for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) His advice counts for nothing.
- Refer to ( বিচারার্থে পাঠানো ) Refer the matter to him for enquiry.
- Delight in ( আনন্দ ) He takes delight in music.
- Certain of ( নিশ্চিত ) He is now certain of his ground.
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.
- Beat black and blue ( প্রচন্ড প্রহার করা ; উত্তম-মধ্যম দেওয়া ) They beat the thief black and blue.
- Crocodile tears ( ময়া কান্না ) He shed crocodile tears at our misery.
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.
- Turn a deaf ear to ( মনোযোগ না দেওয়া ) He turned a deaf ear to my proposal.
- clever hit ( কথার মতন কথা )