SYNONYM tarnish the name of
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Rest with ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) The whole matter rests with you.
- Bent on ( ঝোঁক ) He is bent on playing cricket.
- Parallel to ( সমান্তরাল ) This line is parallel to that.
- Complain to ( অভিযোগ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) The complained to the Director against the Manager about her behavior.
- Kind to ( সদয় ) She is very kind to the children.
- Hard of ( কম শোনা ) He is hard of hearing.
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.
- In force ( বলবৎ ) This law is in force now.
- By and by ( শীঘ্র ) He will come here by and by.
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- At random ( বেপরোয়া ; এলোমেলো ) He hit the ball at random.