SYNONYM tarnish the name of
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Tired of ( ক্লান্ত ) I am Tired of doing the same thing day after day.
- Interest in ( আগ্রহ ) He has a special interest in history.
- Abound with ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) The ocean abounds with fish.
- Plead for ( ওকালতি করা (কোনকিছু) ) I pleaded with him for justice (against the wrong done to me).
- Key to ( সমাধানের উপায় ) He has found out the key to his problem.
- Die of ( মারা যাওয়া (রোগ) ) He died of cholera.
- Through thick and thin ( বাধা বিপত্তির মধ্য দিয়ে ) Reveka followed her husband through thick and thin.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.
- Bid fair ( ভালো কিছু আশা করা ) He bids fair to be a good doctor.
- A bed of roses ( সুখ-স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যপূর্ণ জীবন ) Many people think that life is a bed of roses
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.