SYNONYM tarnish the name of
Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Slow of ( ধীর ) He is slow of speech. He is slow at figures. He is slow in writing.
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- Tired of ( ক্লান্ত ) I am Tired of doing the same thing day after day.
- Differ on ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যপার) ) I differ with you on this point.
- Die by ( মারা যাওয়া (বিষ) ) He died by poison.
- Faith with ( বিশ্বাস (ভঙ্গ) ) He broke faith with me.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Out of temper ( ক্রুদ্ধ ) He is out of temper now.
- have a bad time ( দুশ্চিন্তায় কাল কাটানো ; দুঃসময়ে পড়া )
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions