EXAMPLE He has broken with his friend.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Tell upon ( ক্ষতি করা ) Over-eating tells upon health.
- Mourn over ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn over the dead.
- Die of ( মারা যাওয়া (রোগ) ) He died of cholera.
- Persist in ( লেগে থাকা ) He persisted in disturbing me.
- Prevent from ( বারণ করা ; প্রতিরোধ করা ) I prevented him from going there.
- Worthy of ( যোগ্য ) He is worthy of our praise.
- Hard nut to crack ( কঠিন সমস্যা ) The problem of adult education is really a hard nut to crack.
- by dint of ( ফলে (সাধারণত বল প্রয়োগের ফলে) )
- Birds eye view ( মোটামোটি ধারণা ; এক নজর ) He took a bird’s eye view of the flood-stricken area from an aeroplane.
- From hand to mouth ( দিন আনে দিন খায় ) The poor man lives form hand to mouth.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.