EXAMPLE He has broken with his friend.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Angry for ( রাগান্বিত (কোন কিছু) ) I am angry for something.
- Sentence to ( দন্ডাদেশ দেওয়া ) He was sentenced to death for murder.
- Absorbed in ( নিবিষ্ট ; মগ্ন ) Scientist is absorbed in experiment
- Argue for ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Hope for ( আশা করা ) Let us hope for the best.
- Pleased at ( সন্তুষ্ট (কোনকিছু) ) I am pleased at the news.
- slap on the wrist ( মৃদু শাস্তি ) Although he broke the rules, he was only given a slap on the wrist
- Beggar description ( বর্ণনাতীত ) The beauty of the Taj beggars description.
- but me no buts ( কিন্তু কিন্তু করো না )
- hold your horses ( সবুর করা ; ধৈর্য ধরা ) Hold your horses in trouble, you will get your reward.
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.