EXAMPLE Our school breaks up at 4:00 p. m.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Devoid of ( বর্জিত ) He is devoid of common sense.
- Retire from ( অবসর লওয়া ) He retired from service on a pension.
- Fill with ( পরিপূর্ণ ) This tank is filled with water.
- Blush with (for) ( লজ্জায় রাঙা হওয়া ) She blushed with shame.
- Fit for ( যোগ্য ) He is not fit for the job.
- End in ( শেষ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )
- pound of flesh ( এক চুল এদিক ওদিক নয় )
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly