EXAMPLE Our school breaks up at 4:00 p. m.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Admit of ( স্বীকৃতি পাওয়া ) Your conduct admits of no excuse.
- Proportionate to ( আনুপাতিক ) Punishment should be proportionate to offence.
- Ashamed of ( লজ্জিত ) He is not ashamed of his conduct.
- Kind to ( সদয় ) She is very kind to the children.
- Mad with ( উন্মাদ প্রায় ) He is mad with pain.
- Inquire about ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) I inquired of him about (into) the matter.
- Of course ( অবশ্যই ) Of course, you know what that means
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
- At stake ( বিপন্ন ) His life is at stake now.
- At last ( অবশেষে ) I got my missing book at last.
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.