SYNONYM get through by force.
EXAMPLE The soldier broke through the enemy's line
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Capable to ( সক্ষম ) He is capable of doing this alone.
- Essential to ( অত্যাবশ্যক ) Food is essential to health.
- Kind of ( প্রকার ) What kind of paper is it?
- Guess at ( অনুমান করা ) Can you guess at her age?
- Divert from ( অন্যদিকে নেওয়া ) The loud music diverted my attention from study.
- Disgusted with ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- till the cows come home ( অনেক সময় ধরে ) I could play outside till the cows come home
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- Through thick and thin ( বাধা বিপত্তির মধ্য দিয়ে ) Reveka followed her husband through thick and thin.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.