SYNONYM get through by force.
EXAMPLE The soldier broke through the enemy's line
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Aim at ( লক্ষ্য করা ) He aimed his gun at he bird.
- Difference between ( পার্থক্য ) There is no difference between the two brothers.
- Prone to ( ঝোঁক আছে এমন ) He is prone to idleness.
- Capable to ( সক্ষম ) He is capable of doing this alone.
- Clue to ( সূত্র ) Find out the clue to the mystery.
- Equal with ( সমতুল্য (ব্যক্তি) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- big cheese ( দলের বা পরিবারের সবচেয়ে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ব্যক্তি ) He is the big cheese who control everything in our group.
- Breathe one's last ( মারা যাওয়া ) The old man breathed his last on Sunday last.
- reinvent the wheel ( এমন কোনকিছু তৈরিতে সময় নষ্ট করা যা বর্তমানে বিদ্যমান ও ঠিকঠাক কাজ করে ) There's no point in us reinventing the wheel