SYNONYM spread suddenly ; escape.
EXAMPLE Cholera broke out in the village. The prisoners broke out of jail when the guards weren't looking.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Faith in ( বিশ্বাস ) I have no faith in him.
- Quarrel over ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another over the property.
- Control over ( নিয়ন্ত্রণ ) He has no control over his brother.
- Greed for ( লোভ ) He has no greed for wealth.
- Key to ( সমাধানের উপায় ) He has found out the key to his problem.
- Different from ( পৃথক ) This book is different from that.
- Of course ( অবশ্যই ) Of course, you know what that means
- At once finger ends ( নখদর্পণে ) All these facts are at his finger ends.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
- At random ( বেপরোয়া ; এলোমেলো ) He hit the ball at random.
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.