SYNONYM spread suddenly ; escape.
EXAMPLE Cholera broke out in the village. The prisoners broke out of jail when the guards weren't looking.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Restrict to ( সীমাবব্ধ করা ) Admission was restricted to students.
- Live by ( কোন উপায়ে বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives by honest means.
- Dispose of ( বিক্রয় করা ) He disposed of his books.
- Void of ( বিহীন ) He is void of common sense.
- Accompanied with ( একসঙ্গে ঘটা ) He has fever accompanied with headache.
- Look after ( দেখাশোনা করা ) There is none to look after her.
- loose cannon ( অপ্রত্যাশিত ) He is a bit of a loose cannon.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- Part and parcel ( অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ ) Discipline is part and parcel of administration.