SYNONYM stop suddenly.
EXAMPLE The speaker broke off in the middle of his speech.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Access to ( প্রবেশ অধিকার ) Public has no access to this area.
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- Differ with ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I differ with you on this point.
- Enter into ( প্রবেশ করা ) He entered into the room.
- Vexed for ( বিরক্ত (জিনিস) ) He is vexed with me for opposing him.
- Adjacent to ( সংলগ্ন ) Her college is adjacent to her house.
- Book worm ( গ্রন্থকীট ) Don't be a book worm.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.
- Of course ( অবশ্যই ) Of course, you know what that means
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )