SYNONYM stop suddenly.
EXAMPLE The speaker broke off in the middle of his speech.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Tired of ( ক্লান্ত ) I am Tired of doing the same thing day after day.
- Appeal for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He appealed for pardon.
- Displeased at ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Famous for ( বিখ্যাত ) Radhanager is famous for the birth place of Raja Rammohan.
- Prior to ( পূর্বে ) Prior to that, he was in a wretched condition.
- Accused of ( অভিযুক্ত ) He is accused of corruption.
- Come to light ( প্রকাশিত হওয়া ) Their private talk has come to light at last.
- Achilles heel ( দুর্বলতা বা ত্রুটি ) He is trying to hide but everybody knows his achilles' heel
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.