SYNONYM enter by force.
EXAMPLE The robber broke into the house in midnight
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Eager about ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager about the result.
- Busy with ( ব্যস্ত ) He is busy with his studies.
- Favour with ( অনুগত করা ) Would you favour me with an early reply?
- Feel for ( সহানুভূতি অনুভব করা ) I feel for you in your trouble.
- Quarrel for ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Refer to ( বিচারার্থে পাঠানো ) Refer the matter to him for enquiry.
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.
- bell the cat ( সর্তকতার জন্য বিড়ালের গলায় ঘন্টা বাধা ; কোন কাজ যেটা অর্জন করা কঠিন বা অসম্ভব ) Everybody is trying but who actually bell the cat?
- From hand to mouth ( দিন আনে দিন খায় ) The poor man lives form hand to mouth.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.
- For good ( চিরকালের জন্য ) He left the country for good.