SYNONYM decline ; stop functioning.
EXAMPLE His health broke down for hard work.
Our car broke down at the side of the highway in the storm.
Our teacher broke the final project down into three separate parts.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Persist in ( লেগে থাকা ) He persisted in disturbing me.
- Yield to ( আত্মসমর্পণ করা ) He Yielded to his enemy.
- Ashamed for ( লজ্জিত ) I feel ashamed for you.
- Hope for ( আশা করা ) Let us hope for the best.
- Impose on ( চাপানো ) The task was imposed on him.
- Trust with ( বিশ্বাস করা (জিনিস) ) You may trust me with the work.
- Out of date ( অপ্রচলিত ) This fashion is now out of date.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- In the mean time ( ইতিমধ্যে ) Lila will come here to-night. In the mean time you should get her room ready.
- A bed of roses ( সুখ-স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যপূর্ণ জীবন ) Many people think that life is a bed of roses
- Gift of the gab ( বাককটুতা ) An advocate should have the gift of the gab.
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions