SYNONYM decline ; stop functioning.
EXAMPLE His health broke down for hard work.
Our car broke down at the side of the highway in the storm.
Our teacher broke the final project down into three separate parts.
Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Long for ( কামনা করা ) He longed for fame.
- Arrive at ( পৌঁছানো ) We arrived at the station in time.
- Smell of ( গন্ধ দেয় ) This glass smells of wine.
- Zest for ( অনুরাগ ) She has no zest for music.
- Need for ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I have no need for more money.
- Qualified for ( যোগ্য ) He is qualified for the post.
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )
- In lieu of ( পরিবর্তে ) Give me this pen in lieu of that.
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.
- To the contrary ( কাহারও বক্তব্যের বিপক্ষে ) In the court he said nothing to the contrary.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions