SYNONYM get away.
EXAMPLE The convict broke away from the prison.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Favourable for ( অনুকূল (কোনকিছু) ) This situation is favorable to me for doing this.
- Cure of ( আরগ্য হওয়া ) He will be cured of the disease very soon.
- Proud of ( গর্বিত ) He is proud of his position.
- Acquit of ( খালাস দেওয়া ) High court acquit him of the charge.
- Parallel to ( সমান্তরাল ) This line is parallel to that.
- Excel in ( তুলনামূলক ভাবে সুন্দর হওয়া ) He excels in painting.
- Maiden speech ( প্রথম বক্তৃতা ) His maiden speech fell flat on the audience.
- be up and doing ( উঠে-পড়ে লাগা )
- Breathe one's last ( মারা যাওয়া ) The old man breathed his last on Sunday last.
- To the contrary ( কাহারও বক্তব্যের বিপক্ষে ) In the court he said nothing to the contrary.
- For good ( চিরকালের জন্য ) He left the country for good.
- Curry favour ( তোষামোদ করিয়ে প্রিয় হওয়া ) He knows how to curry favour with officers.