SYNONYM get away.
EXAMPLE The convict broke away from the prison.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Rid of ( মুক্ত হওয়া ) Get rid of bad company.
- Officiate in ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (পদ) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- Yield to ( আত্মসমর্পণ করা ) He Yielded to his enemy.
- Pleased with ( সন্তুষ্ট ) I am pleased with him.
- Deprived of ( বঞ্চিত ) He was deprived of his property.
- Lame of ( খোঁড়া ) He is lame of one leg.
- Bad blood ( মনোমালিন্য ; শত্রতা ; দ্বেষ ) Now there is bad blood between the two brothers.
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.
- be up and doing ( উঠে-পড়ে লাগা )
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- in the doldrums ( উদাসীন ভাবাপন্ন )