SYNONYM destroy by explosion ; add air.
EXAMPLE The soldiers blew up the bridge. We have to blow 50 balloons up for the party.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Responsible for ( দায়ী (কোন কার্জ) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Succeed in ( সাফল্য লাভ করা ) He will succeed in life.
- Impose on ( চাপানো ) The task was imposed on him.
- Confined in ( আবদ্ধ (কক্ষ) ) He is confined in a room for five days.
- Dull at ( কাঁচা ) He is dull at Physics.
- Pleased with ( সন্তুষ্ট ) I am pleased with him.
- At last ( অবশেষে ) I got my missing book at last.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- A bed of roses ( সুখ-স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যপূর্ণ জীবন ) Many people think that life is a bed of roses
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- the exact point ( কাঁটায়-কাঁটায় )