EXAMPLE Blow out the lamp.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Entitled to ( অধিকারী ) He is entitled to a reward for his honesty.
- Envious of ( ঈর্ষান্বিত ) I am not envious of his riches.
- Equal in ( সমতুল্য (পদমর্যদা) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Render into ( অনুবাদ করা ) Render the passage into Hindi.
- According to ( অনুসারে ) According to his order i went there.
- Disgrace to ( কলঙ্ক ) He is disgrace to his family.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.
- At once finger ends ( নখদর্পণে ) All these facts are at his finger ends.
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.