EXAMPLE Blow out the lamp.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Count upon ( নির্ভর করা ) I count upon your help for this work.
- Abide by ( মেনে চলা ) One should abide by the rules
- Satisfaction in ( সন্তোষ ) I find satisfaction in gardening. Great was his satisfaction with her result.
- Wait on ( সেবা করা ) The nurse waited on the patient.
- Mourn for ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn for the dead.
- Envy of ( ঈর্ষা ) I have no envy of him.
- Cats and dogs ( মূষল ধারে ) It was raining cats and dogs.
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- By all means ( সবর্প্রকার ) Try to do it by all means.
- Out of order ( বিকল ) This car is out of order.
- live by ones wit ( কথা বেচে খাওয়া )